Friday, February 26, 2010

Date

My husband went out with "the guys" tonight and I decided to have a date night with my 2-year-old. It was no big deal, we just went out for pizza and to the mall playground, but we had a great time. After being with Sophie all week long you'd think I'd be sick of her, especially by Friday night. Don't get me wrong, we have our moments, such as this morning when we took our elderly, ill, nervous cat, Belle, to the vet. Sophie was seemingly upset with the vet tech for "hurting" Belle, so when the tech graciously gave Sophie a pinwheel to play with, Sophie scowled at her and broke it in half. This was not a feel-good moment, for sure, but bad times just make the good times sweeter.

Speaking of which, I've been noticing daffodils and irises sprouting from the cold earth. They're barely recognizable, as they're only about 2 inches tall, but they're a refreshing sign of warm weather - and lots of gardening blog posts - to come. I don't know about you, but this long, harsh, cold, snowing, dreary winter is going to make those spring flowers all the more beautiful this year!

Until then, stay warm and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment