Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Silence

It seems as though I can only write something worthwhile in solitude and quiet. The current conditions, for example, which consist of rather heavy music blaring ("Carini" by Phish, if you care), my husband clanging away at the dishes (god bless him) and my daughter chattering on the baby monitor, just don't don't get those creative juices flowing for me. I spent the past 45 minutes writing one short paragraph on the way too wordy and LONG post I've been working on for a week or more. I'm beginning to think the only time feasible for me to write is very early in the morning (say, 5am) before everyone wakes up, but since I'm an insomniac (no really, I am) I just don't see that happening. Something's got to give...maybe I'll try earplugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment